If you have a plan to make your own custom fabric printing business then there are several things you need to consider before really opened the business. Starting fabric printing Malaysia business is not easy and that’s why we are going to give you several guides about what you need to do before you opening the store that you can follow. First you should know that opening a business needs dedication and passion. To setting up the brand or company cannot be done successfully if you do not have certain motivation at first then keep it for as long as you want the product and services remain successful. Here are some great tips which hopefully can enlighten your brain when thinking about DIY custom fabric printing business.
Research and create some business plan
The research and business plan is needed to answer several questions such as:
- What type of products you want to sell?
- How much is your budget/ capital?
- Who is your target customer?
- Do you want to sell the product online or offline?
There are still a lot of questions you need to bring out before you starting the business and you need to answer that because in fabric printing business, there are various goods you can offer. For example t-shirt printing, printed caps, printed wallpaper, and many more. So many possible things you could create using fabric printing Malaysia and you need to decide which one you want to sell.
Other things to consider
After you done and be sure about your research and business plan, here are other things you should consider and to do:
- Test and perfect your end products. In this step, it is important if you can create original designs plus unique products. If you thinking about produce the items in a bulk then you need to start thinking about make then built some partnership with suppliers or manufacturers of the raw materials that you need.
- Marketing, marketing, and marketing. Of course people would not know your products if you did not market it. Marketing is an important thing just like when you craft your products. You can market your products both online or offline.
- Expenses. You need to keep the track of your expenses to know whether your fabric printing business make a profit or not. You can invest in some simple accounting software or hired a bookkeeper.
Starting a new business especially fabric printing related one is very exciting as well as rewarding. Just enjoy the process to know whether you are done the right things and keep learning!
How fabric printing Malaysia can affect a fashion industry is something we can expect nowadays. You can say that fabric printing is the greatest innovation of 21st century fashion. With improved print fabric technologies, most of designers can produce creative fashion result while allow themselves to innovate their brand’s products. Print fabric becomes more recognizable and more important in the branding of fashion companies especially because now most of designers rely on digital technologies including fabric printing.
Fabric printing technologies on clothing industry
Digital print fabric is the tool that works very best for fashion industry. When designers want to make custom design for their clothing or dress then using digital fabric can be helpful. It creates unlimited ideas while put them right on fabric. For fashion companies, the high demand for their products causing them to use a tool that can produce mass products, showing them to buyers, and then get more orders which reach greater amounts. At first, fabric printing Malaysia tends to be used in small runs, but nowadays people and not only fashion industry use that so they can meet markets demand.
In other words, print fabric can give designers a freedom to be creative and innovative in textiles so they can think that the garment or any other materials as the blank canvas. It is the most efficient way to make a custom clothing with the cost that not so high and the fabric that can be wearable, retail-able, and washable plus be made as other parts, of course using fabric printing will result in more benefits for fashion industry in worldwide.
3D fabric printing influences on fashion industry
3D fabric printing is nothing new in fashion industry; the 3D printing itself is already invented in 1984. And in 2011, TIME magazine shows a 3D printed dress and it is included in the 50 Best Inventions of the Year 2011. It is prove that print fabric becomes more prominent and with the growing demand for more creative and unique fashions, 3D fabric printing has great potential for the fashion industry.
In conclusion, we will see that print fabric will always evolve and needed in fashion industry, from simple traditional printing technique into digital printing method and so on. The development will create more next step in fashion industry and expect unlimited boundaries for creative and innovative ideas come from designers and its companies.
Some of you might have dream to become fashion designer since you are interested in fashion world. However you might wonder where do those small fashion designers get their print fabric from? As you know big fabric manufacturer does not receive small orders. Most of the time their minimum order is around 240m for one color, however for larger manufacturer their minimum order is in large quantity of 1000m or even 3000m for one color.
Solution to order fabric printing for small fashion designer
Those minimum orders surely impossible to do for small fashion designer that has just start their fashion brand and using fabric printing as material. Not to mention ordering small from large print fabric manufacturer will cost a lot since they have to specially make the design only for you but in small quantity. Then what is the solution of this problem that most small designer have?
What you can do as a small fashion designer that has just start your own fashion brand is to use the fabric printing Malaysia as provider for your print fabric. With them you do not need to order in large quantities, in fact you can even order 1m of fabric from them if you need it. This would be cheap and easy solution for you who only start your fashion brand and do not have large budget to work with.
Furthermore you can even design your own print in the fabric so the print fabric would be exclusive only for you. That way your design would be special and only for you thus you can get higher value of the item that you offers. If you can create beautiful and unique printing, then you can even use that fabric printing as a selling point of your fashion brand because sometimes design can be monotone but print fabric is a unique thing that you can modified anyway that you want.
For you who are beginner in designing your own print fabric, getting your material from the fabric printing Malaysia would be a good solution since they will be able to help you in term of designing. You can even get some consultation in creating your own design for the fabric printing. That way you can know in deep information from the expert in the field which will greatly help you in starting your own fashion brand without wasting your time and money in the wrong fabric printing manufacturer.
Maybe you wonder how to wash your fabric printing apparel at home like the custom printed t-shirt, clothes, dress, hats, etc. The big question is whether they will fade if you wash it and just how washable your print fabric apparel is. Actually that depends on the inks, there are two types of inks that usually be used to print fabric: dye based inks and pigment based inks. If you want your apparel to be washable then it is better that the inks you choose is pigment based ink or you need to use pre treated fabric material to make the inks stick.
Anyway, there are some arts that you need to learn when you want to wash the fabric printing apparel at home so you won’t cause some damage on it. Here the basic tips about how to care your apparels with the right way to wash them properly.
Basic tips to wash your fabric printing Malaysia apparel
- First, you need to use cold water because it is gentler and will get your clothes clean easily, meaning that you cannot use hot water unless you want to wash hotel’s towels or sheets.
- The next step is to turn your apparel like clothes or t-shirt inside out right before you wash and dry it. This will prevent the apparel to fade and actually it is better to do this on most of your clothes even for a non-fabric printing Malaysia one.
- Another suggestion is to wash similar clothes or shirts together. And it is mean not only about the same colors, but also the types. Of course you do not want to wash clothes with soft print fabric material with the hard one, right? Because it will damage the soft fabric, for example you do not want to wash your t-shirt with towels, do you?
- Never. We repeat, never use bleach or strong chemical detergent products to wash your fabric printing apparels because it will certainty damage them. If there is stain on the apparel, just use a stain remover on the spot only and gently clean it.
After you washing the apparel properly, now it is the time you drying them but remember that do not put the clothes or shirts on hot dryer. If you want to use dryer then set it to the lowest heat level and remover the dryer before the clothes really dry, then let them dry by themselves by hang or lay them out. Okay, that’s several enough tips about how to wash your fabric printing apparel at home.
Fabric Printing Malaysia is beautiful and profitable thanks to its high demand in textile industry. Nowadays, printing a fabric using digital printing technique is easier than traditional method and it has greater cost efficiency. It is a fully integrated production where you can print on all types of fabric including make various designs with them. Here are some helpful things to remember when you want to design fabric printing.
Notes to consider when designing print fabric
- Use your original design. It might be a lot easier to copy or use famous designs that made by the other such as popular commercial print. However you should stay away from this because unlike clothing designs, fabric printing Malaysia designs can be copyrighted especially by the maker/ artist or the manufacturer. That’s why it is best to make your own unique designs and those who cannot find your own original design then you can always hire a designer to make a special and unique design for you.
- Choose color that easy. It can be depend on your printing machine, but most of color model that printer like to use is Lab or CYMK. Take a note that the chosen colors might appear differently on the fabric than on your computer screen, thus choose wisely. Some colors may hard to produce and often appear with darker or lighter tones. Just setting up the design so the colors can easily be changed, you can use vectors or layers artwork doing such things.
- Notice the fabrics and colors. You should expect that the textures and colors of fabric which you choose may have noticeable effect for print fabric results. To make easy picture, most of shiny fabrics such as silk can make the result seems lighter while fabric printing with thin texture can be translucent and it will make the print looks washed out.
- Focus on finishing. We all know that we want to make a beautiful fabric printing Malaysia with nice designs and even eye catching artistic result. But, remember that fabric printing is usually not the end product and we often too focused on the artistic aspect rather than the finishing while losing sight of the fact that fabric will be used as a part of something else. So, it is better if you always picture the end product because it will affect many things like deciding the size.
If you consider above things when you want to print fabric with digital technique then surely you can manage to have satisfying outcome.
The use of fabric printing is so large and can be applied for many purposes. Here we are going to take a look at how print fabric can be used in certain areas and opportunities. The application is varied depending on the end users. The fabric printing indeed opens up a new dimension where you can possible applying it to a number of printing applications even in areas that limited only by the creativity and imagination of the users.
Fabric printing technology applications
Nowadays, this printing technology broadly categorized and provides opportunities in areas such as:
- Interior decoration and home furnishing. In the interior decoration and home furnishing industry, print fabric can be applied in several categories like kitchen linen, carpets, rugs, curtains, blankets, bed linen, towels, and many more. Of course it will be a good business opportunities if you can make and built your own brands to produce such products then market it to the costumer around the world. Using printing technologies will allow you to have cost efficiency when produce the stuffs, you can be creative with your ideas to create original designs such as the print patterns so they become markedly unique than other products on the market. The high demand of interior decoration and home furnishing products are changes for you to start this business even when you try to apply it in a small scale.
- Fashion and apparel. Many professional designers now also use fabric printing Malaysia to create their own ideas and apply their imagination on fabric materials. It is almost impossible to not mention the use of fabric printing in fashion and apparel industry since it is largely contributed in that area. Now, the retailers need to supply new products in a frequent time and that’s why many manufacturing companies using printing technologies in order to produce new collection each season even each weeks. Imagine if you need to produce new model and then it need to be shipped in 6 to 8 weeks instead of 6 months, of course using high fabric printing Malaysia technology is a must.
Extreme use requirements in both points above are very challenging; people tend to think about more innovation in such areas especially how to innovate fabric printing technologies and its uses for those industries. Even though at first, the use of print fabric is doubted especially in its early journey, but now you be sure that this trend or habit will always can be found in so many industries worldwide.
Whether you are a crafter, an artist, or you just want to find a creative way to spend your holiday then why do not you try these steps about how to make custom fabric printing cushion? There are several nice ideas to make your old cushion better than never and one of them is to create personalized photo cushion with fabric printing Malaysia method. Here are easy step by step that you can follow at home.
DIY tutorial for custom fabric printing cushion
Things you need to prepare:
- Old t-shirt or pillowcase/ old cushion sheet
- Iron-on transfer paper sheet plus the iron and iron board
- Sewing machine/ thread and needle
Here are the steps you can follow such as:
- First thing first, you need to pick the photo/ picture that you want to print on your transfer paper print fabric. You can also add some texts on the pictures.
- After that, simply print your photo onto iron-on transfer paper sheet before you print fabric it.
- Place the transfer paper sheet onto your old pillowcase or t-shirt/ old cushion sheet. Put the transfer paper precisely before you move on the next step.
- Place your work on the iron board and then heat up the iron and carefully ironing the transfer paper which already be placed onto the sheet. Make sure to predict whether the pictures/ photos will attach properly on the sheet before you remove the iron.
- After you wait for a couple of minutes and the transfer paper sheet cooling down, simply peel away the paper to reveal your awesome picture/ photo!
- If you use old t-shirt or old pillowcase instead using your old cushion sheet then you just need to sew the right size to make it as cushion. You can stuff your cushion with cushion filling material.
Actually there are other ways to make DIY fabric printing cushion, but above tips is the simplest one among all. You can always try other methods in next time. Last but not least, to make your cushion more pretty, you can use your original pattern designs instead your photos. Of course this requires creativity to make good designs for your cushion, but it is worth to try especially if you want to sell your custom fabric printing Malaysia products in small market and such. Print fabric is a fun way to spend your weekend and hope you try above tips.
You should know that designer would not get a premade fabric on the store and use it for their designer’s item. Fabric printing is what they use to make their designer’s item stands out among other items in the market. In fact print fabric is the first thing that they consider when starting to make their item. Then how they get the fabric for their design? Let’s find out more about it here.
Using fabric printing Malaysia for designer’s item
- Research for print fabric. First thing that you should do as a designer is to do some research about the incoming fabric trend. In fact you should do this research one season ahead of the design season because you will need the fabric for that season and process of choosing and making the fabric is quite long thus it is logical to do this even before the season start.
- Choosing the fabric printing. Next is to choose the fabric printing that you want to use. This means you will be choosing the type of the fabric, the print on the fabric, the colors of the fabric and many other details according to the designer’s item that you want to make. If it is possible, you can also try to get some sample to really see the real appearance of the print fabric that you want from the fabric printing Malaysia you want to use.
- Designing the print fabric. If you decide to use your own design for the fabric printing, then it is time to design your own print fabric. If you do not know how to do it, then consult the fabric printing Malaysia that will be working with you about how to design your own print fabric.
- Order the fabric from the fabric printing Malaysia. After the design is finish, now it is time for you to order your fabric from the fabric printing Malaysia that you like. Make sure that you order enough for your design, and of the budget allows, you might also want to order extra fabric just in case something happen and you want to change your design in the middle.
- Receiving the fabric printing. After the print fabric is finish, the fabric printing Malaysia will send it to you then you can start to make your designer’s item.
That is how you can get fabric for your design. It is easy and simple when working with the fabric printing Malaysia.
There’s a lot of print fabric pattern that you can do if you want to design item using fabric. In fact there is no limitation regarding any pattern that you want to use for your design. One inspiration that we want to talk about today is the marble pattern that looks very beautiful. This marble pattern comes from natural marble stone pattern which loved by people everywhere around the world. In fact the marble pattern has been used in a lot of items made from papers, plastics, metals and many others. But now let us try to use this marble pattern in fabric printing which would be great to be used in a lot of items made from fabric.
Using marble print fabric pattern in items made from fabric
- Pillow case. It is very easy to use marble fabric printing to the pillow case; in fact a lot of home decoration product is made using marble pattern. The fabric printing Malaysia will be able to make the marble print for you then you can try to make a pillow case with the fabric to match with the other home decoration that you use in the room. If you use marble floor it would be even better to use this marble pillow case.
- Curtain. Another home decoration item that would be great to have in marble printing is curtain which would be able to complete your room appearance. But make sure for this you use neutral marble color to balance the color of the room if your room already uses other heavy color.
- T-shirt. Ever think to have marble fabric printing t-shirt to wear? Do not worry since the fabric printing Malaysia can make one for you. Just order the fabric with marble print then make a t-shirt or any kind of top with it. This top will make your appearance look more elegant, plus you can pair it with any kinds of bottom that you like.
- Dress. Last but not least is to make a dress with marble print fabric. Since it is a dress, you can be more creative in using any colors that you want to create the marble pattern. That way you will be able to make unique one of a kind dress that will stand out from the other.
No matter what kind of item you want to make with marble fabric printing pattern, you can surely use the fabric printing Malaysia to make the fabric for you.
Fabric printing is a technology with tons of application nowadays and still increasing significantly. There are two methods can be used to print fabric, the first one is by using traditional printing that known so well worldwide and second is digital fabric printing which successfully stealing the market of traditional method. This is due to digital production can provide immediate results, cost and time saving, as well as flexibility which cannot be provided by traditional processing. Therefore, digital printing is the best choice for those who want to join in print on demand technology which lately becomes more and more requested.
Digital Fabric Printing Malaysia is in the spotlight
Digital fabric printing seems strongly climbing the market ranking thanks to its various application in many areas especially if you talking about business industries and it can even opening new markets. There are several fabric printing application that we can identify, such as in:
- Fashion and garment
- Clothing accessories (bags, ties, scarves, belts,)
- Carpets and rugs
- T-shirt printing
- Cut garment
- Upholstery, etc
You can make your own custom products by using this technologies and applying them to your end products. The fast growth of fabric printing technology is due to the high demand and different request of companies or brands especially those who hold fashion industry and home furnishing. New purchases can be made because of consumption habits of various people who want to have wider range of styles and trends in patterns, colors, and models. Print fabric possible to answer that and even shortening time to market process. The immediate result which can be provided by fabric printing techno ensures the possibilities of cost and time saving.
3 Available inkjet technologies
There are 3 available inkjet technologies to print fabric materials such as:
- Sublimation printing
- Direct to garment printing or DTG
- Direct roll to roll printing
Each of them have their own advantages but mostly can produce high quality results and has opened new opportunities in printing industry. T-shirt printing for example, it usually includes DTG printing with inks applied directly on the fabric material. However, you need to pick the right printer machine plus the inks to make a good duet and make sure that the inks can be absorbed by the materials easily. T-shirt printing industry is just one of those mature businesses that use fabric printing Malaysia and there are still so many different possible applications which available these days.